How to Self-Administer an Adobe Business Catalyst Site
If you need to transfer the administration of your Adobe Business Catalyst (ABC) website to yourself, here's how to do it.
1. Sign Up as an Adobe Business Catalyst partner
- Go to the ABC home page: http://www.businesscatalyst.com
- Click on "Partner Program" in the main menu and "Get Started for Free"
- Create an Adobe ID and click "Sign Up" (you are not charged to be a partner)
- You may need to use an email other than one designated as an admin email in your website's ABC back-end
2. Create a Temporary Site & Obtain Your ABC Partner Code
- You will be prompted to create a new ABC website
- You will need to do this only to get past the initial screen and can delete this later
- Once in your partner portal, go to Settings > Partner Settings
- Your partner code is listed near the top
3. Initiate the Transfer
- Email your current provider with your partner code
- They will enter your partner code into your site to initiate the transfer process
- If they ignore or refuse you, contact Adobe technical support through your partner portal: click on "Help & Support" in the top right and then click on Get Help > Contact Support (initiates a LiveChat session – initiating a support ticket takes days while LiveChat could get the ball rolling in minutes and you'll get an email of the exchange)
4. Approve the Transfer
- Three approvals are then needed to transfer in the ABC partner portal: from your current partner, from someone listed as an admin user for your website in ABC and then you
- All will get an email notice to approve the transfer
- The transfer will be complete once all approvals are made and only you will be able to log into your site along with whomever else you designate as an admin user
- If your Adobe Business Catalyst subscription is up, you'll need to renew it based on one of these options
- You can designate a new Adobe Business Catalyst partner at any time by transferring to them via partner code with this same process if, at some point in the future, you no longer want to self-administer
Note: if Adobe has sent an invoice for your subscription, you may need to contact technical support as the process above may not work if your website has "pending invoices."