Help Us Grow the Businesses of our Clients with Compelling Content & Learn Digital Marketing
Are you a recovering journalist that would like to apply your skills in marketing to create compelling educational content for businesses and nonprofits? If so, our copywriter position could be a good fit for you.
Content creation and brand story development is central to how we grow our business-to-business (B2B) clients, and how we’ve rapidly grown through the years. Content is central to the value we provide for clients and not an afterthought as with so many other agencies.
Innovaxis Marketing is a woman-owned, marketing consulting agency and HubSpot partner, founded in 2007. We have an opening for a copywriter with 3-5+ years of journalism experience who can serve as lead writer for several of our clients.
If you’re inspired by the challenge of turning marketing concepts and the story of our clients into compelling content, and you are motivated by opportunities to learn about new industries and products you’ve never heard of, you may be a good fit for our growing team. We work closely and collaboratively with our clients, so you will work directly with them along with our digital marketing team.You will also have the opportunity to work directly within websites and learn about search engine optimization (SEO), HubSpot and other marketing automation platforms, pay-per-click, and much more.
How to Be Considered
We receive a lot of applications and will spend as much time considering you as you have in exploring this opportunity. Your cover letter will be the first example of your copywriting skills. Show us a bit of personality for extra points.
To be considered, please include the following in your cover letter:
- How this position might fit into your long-term career plans
- Your website
- Published writing samples
- Why you think you’d be a good fit for us
Job Responsibilities & Skills
- Interviewing subject matter experts from owners/presidents of companies, marketing people, sales, engineers, software developers, and other subject matter experts
- Writing, editing, proofreading: blog posts, web pages, case studies, whitepapers, ebooks, emails, etc.
- Working with clients to revise content and ability to adapt your writing to meet client preferences for style and tone
- In time: edit content written by other Innovaxis team members and perhaps lead them as well
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Live in the Chicagoland area
- Journalism and/or B2B experience is preferred
- WordPress experience is strongly preferred
Benefits & Perks
- 2 weeks of vacation (to start)
- 2+ work from home days per week
- 401k with employer matching
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Starting salary of $55,000 to $65,000
If you think you would be a good fit for this position, click here to email your cover letter and resume.