Help Us Grow the Businesses of Our Clients with Compelling Content
Are you a recovering journalist or published writer that would like to apply your skills in marketing for businesses and nonprofits? If so, our copywriter position could be a good fit for you.
Innovaxis Marketing is a woman-owned, marketing consulting agency and HubSpot partner, founded in 2007. Content creation and brand story development is central to how we grow our business-to-business (B2B) and nonprofit clients, and how we’ve rapidly grown through the years. Content is central to the value we provide for clients instead of an afterthought as with so many other agencies.
If you’re inspired by the challenge of turning marketing concepts and the story of our clients into compelling content, and you are motivated by opportunities to learn about new industries and products you’ve never heard of, you may be a good fit for our growing team. We work closely and collaboratively with our clients, so you will work directly with them along with our digital marketing team. You will also have the opportunity to work directly within websites and learn about search engine optimization (SEO), HubSpot and other marketing automation platforms, pay-per-click, and much more.
How to Be Considered
We receive a lot of applications and will spend as much time considering you as you do in applying. Your cover letter will be the first example of your copywriting skills. Show us a bit of personality for extra points and please include the following in your cover letter:
- Examples of your journalism or other writing published in your name
- Openness to providing 1-2 blogs on a freelance basis to evaluate your work (and get paid for it)
Job Responsibilities & Skills
- Interviewing subject matter experts from owners/presidents of companies, marketing people, sales, engineers, software developers, and other subject matter experts
- Writing, editing, proofreading: blog posts, web pages, case studies, whitepapers, ebooks, emails, etc.
- Working with clients to revise content and ability to adapt your writing to meet client preferences for style and tone
- In time: edit content written by other Innovaxis team members and perhaps lead them as well
- Journalism experience and/or being published under your own name
- WordPress experience is strongly preferred
- Live in the Chicagoland area
Benefits & Perks
- 2 weeks of vacation (to start)
- 2+ work from home days per week
- 401k with employer matching
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Starting salary of $50,000 to $70,000 (largely depends on years of experience)
- Bonus structure based on tenure, merit and impact on company profitability