B2B Marketing Agency Lead Copywriter
Help Us Grow Our Clients’ Businesses with Clear & Compelling Content
Innovaxis Marketing. a growing Chicago-based digital content marketing agency has an opening for a seasoned copywriter or journalist who can help us grow by working as a lead writer for several of our business-to-business (B2B) clients.
If you’re inspired by the challenge of turning marketing concepts into polished content that tells the story of our clients with clear, convincing and cliché-free prose, and you are motivated by opportunities to learn about new industries and products you’ve never heard of, you may be a good fit for our growing team. We are a small company and we all work closely with our clients, so this is a position where your people skills will also get a workout.
We provide plenty of opportunities to develop your digital skills whether you are a WordPress wonder or have just a passing familiarity with concepts like SEO, marketing automation and pay-per-click. We won’t hold your social media experience against you, but it’s not a strong focus of what we do, so if that’s your superpower, we may not be a good fit.
A Cover Letter Is Required
We will not review any resume that is not accompanied by a cover letter. Show us a bit of personality for extra points. We want to get to know you and how you would fit in with our small, high-performing company.
To be considered, please include:
- How this position might fit into your long-term career plans
- Your website
- Published writing samples
- Why you think you’d be a good fit for us
Job Responsibilities & Skills
- Interviewing subject matter experts from owners/presidents of companies, marketing people, sales, engineers, software developers, and whoever else has the knowledge we need to create authoritative content
- Writing, editing, proofreading: blog posts, web pages, case studies, whitepapers, ebooks, emails, presentations, page titles, meta descriptions, traditional ads, pay-per-click ads, video scripts, company profiles, etc.
- Working with clients to revise content
- The ability to adapt writing to meet client preferences for style and tone
- Social media posts to repurpose all of the above
- Generation of content ideas in collaboration with clients and Innovaxis team members
- Develop a content development plan from creative briefs
- Update client meeting agendas with content items
- Keep client content calendars updated with the content you create
- Track your time
- Edit content created by clients, including aligning it with their brand story
- In time: edit content written by other Innovaxis team members
- Assist with various client tasks as they arise (flexibility is required as no two days are the same)
- Help make other team members (and clients) laugh, from time to time
- Be an A-level contributor – we can’t afford less
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Live in the Chicagoland area
- Have published writing samples
- Journalism experience (preferred)
- B2B experience preferred
- Ability to create content on various platforms including websites, marketing automation, email management, and other digital systems containing their content (e.g. WordPress, HubSpot, Zoho, ConstantContact, etc.) – either previous experience or a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems with some light training
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bonus: some experience using Photoshop to edit images (not create them)
Benefits & Perks
- Two weeks of vacation (to start)
- Paid sick leave
- Relaxed dress code
- 2-3 work from home days every week (following initial training and the pandemic)
- 401k with matching after 1 year
- Some travel (we have clients across the US)
- Training on whatever you want to learn (e.g. digital marketing)
- Starting salary of $50,000 to $55,000 plus bonuses for “above and beyond” performance on projects, with the opportunity for significant salary increases based on your direct impact on the company’s growth
If you think you would be a good fit for this position, click here to email your cover letter and resume.