Learn How to Optimize Your Google Ads for Maximum Demand Generation
Are you getting the most out of your Google Ads investment? Are you spending too much on too few leads or ecommerce sales?
Frequently, companies and nonprofits are frustrated with a lack of return on Google Ads, spending hundreds or thousands per month on ads that are simply underperforming.
Find Out If Your Ads Are Performing & Why
As we do with our comprehensive marketing audit, the Innovaxis team will break down your campaign into their component parts and evaluate their performance quantitatively and quantitatively.
The campaign settings control how your ads are displayed and who sees them. Our team reviews all elements in your campaign settings, including:
- Geographic location
- Device targeting
- Bidding strategy
- Ad delivery
Keywords are the backbone of a Google Ads campaigns and are crucial to success.
Our team will conduct foundational keyword research to identify the most important keywords to target. These are prioritized by relevance, competition, search volume, and more.
We also review negative keywords, as well as related search terms, and more.
Ad copy should be compelling, relevant, and include your top keywords in the headline and description.
We evaluate ad copy for impact, readability, and keyword efficacy. With just 90 characters of space available in the body, it is critical to make the most out of your copy so that it will resonate with your prospects.
Ad extensions are additional pieces of information that you can add to your ad to make it more informative and eye-catching. Some popular extensions include:
- Callout extensions
- Call extensions
- Location extensions
Common Pitfalls of Google Ads
Google Ads are complex, updated frequently by Google, and require regular management and attention to maximize their ROI. Allowing Google to automatically manage your settings and ad controls will lead to the highest spend, but not necessarily the highest return.
Google Ads is an Innovaxis specialty since these campaigns are often needed to supplement organic, inbound demand generation strategies. And, when it comes to audits of ad accounts, we’ve seen it all. Some of the most common mistakes we find include:
- Campaigns created by people that don’t understand your business
- Campaigns created by people that are not Google Ads-certified
- Poorly selected keywords from research done without using the Google Ads keywords tool
- Copywriting that is poor and misaligned with your brand story
- Automated settings that hurt performance because no algorithm understands your business and served markets
- Failing to create a sense of urgency with a lack of or weak calls to action (CTA)
- No connection to a long-term marketing strategy
- Using the home page as a landing page
- Landing pages that don’t align with your brand story, lack calls-to-action and/or have no links to other things that may interest them (including a lack of main menu navigation)
- A lack of interesting, educational content
How to Get Started
Our Google Ads audit will include a comprehensive review of your campaigns and provide prioritized recommendations for how to maximize your ROI from them. If you’d like, we can also implement some or all of the recommendations because we know a strategy is worthless without being implemented.