B2B Digital Marketing Apprentice
We are looking for someone to help us continue our rapid growth by creating and managing marketing deliverables to our client base who need marketing results to grow their businesses.
This is the ideal position if you want experience across a wide variety of marketing skill sets by working closely with our president and CEO, including: market research, competitive intelligence, consulting, digital marketing, content strategy, SEO, email campaigns, PR, project management, and more.
This position will touch on website development, graphic design, video, and social media, but these are smaller areas of focus. We are not looking to hire programmers, designers, videographers, or those whose main interest is social media. While they are important, these services are much less important for our business-to-business clients than the other areas listed above.
Requirements for Applying
These requirements must be satisfied for you to be considered, so read them carefully. We are sharing them with you to save both of us time. We've rejected over 300 candidates for this position.
Because of our location and need for face-to-face collaboration, we can only consider candidates that live in the City of Chicago or if you have plans to move here this year.
To apply for this position, we will need a cover letter from you that answers the following:
- How this position fits into your long-term career plans
- Examples of how you self-taught yourself anything technology related
- Examples of how you went above and beyond in your current or previous roles
- Examples of your experience on a team (work, sports, etc.)
- Your college GPA
- Your compensation requirements – and more than "it's negotiable"
- Passionate about marketing and being integral in our company's growth
- 2-4 years of digital marketing experience
- Strong writing capabilities
- Working knowledge of HTML: we are not looking for a programmer/developer but we do need someone that can troubleshoot and do some light development in WordPress, Adobe Business Catalyst and other similar content management systems (CMS)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign: we are not looking for a web or graphic designer but we do need someone that can edit existing artwork and create some basic graphics
- Strong attention to detail
- Personable and ability to relate well with clients
- Bonus: volunteering experience
Digital Marketing Apprentice Responsibilities
- Content Marketing: create and edit blog posts and web pages, assemble and use content from multiple sources; edit written content for spelling, grammar and to ensure that key points are made; cross-promote other relevant pages on the site and to 3rd-party websites
- SEO: conduct keyword research, implement onsite SEO best practices and optimize all new content
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): conduct keyword research; help formulate and post Google AdWords ads; establish, monitor and update bids per keyword
- Email Marketing: formulate, write up, launch, and report on client email campaigns, and report results to clients
- PR & Link Building: submit article pitches to publications; create and post to company/industry directories; find and take advantage of additional link building opportunities
- Social Media: re-purposing content marketing (note: social media is only a small component of this position)
- Client Reporting: pull together monthly client reports covering key performance metrics; reporting includes Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz, email management, and other sources of activity
- Other Responsibilities: document and update processes related to all of the above; contribute to the Innovaxis marketing and business development strategy; report to the president with weekly progress updates; understand that this job description and responsibilities will evolve over time in response to the needs of Innovaxis clients and prospects, and the overall growth achieved by the company
We offer a salary of $40,000 to $45,000 plus bonuses for "above and beyond" performance on projects, with the opportunity for significant salary increases based on your direct impact on the company's growth.