In order to turn blogging into a lead generating machine for our business-to-business (B2B) clients, a lot goes into every single blog post and web page that we create.
For the vast majority of our clients, weekly blogging can turn into gains of over $100,000 in new business per year.
Recipe for Success
Here’s the recipe for a successful B2B marketing and lead generation effort:
- We thoroughly research all relevant keywords (usually at least 700) and prioritize the top 1, 3, 10 keywords to focus all content generation, organic search and paid search initiatives
- We evaluate our client’s website to see how all existing content can be optimized so they get a lot more lead generation from what they already have, then implement a new website content strategy and implement the optimization
- We brainstorm and prioritize an editorial content calendar that maps out what we will write and when,
Once again, it’s budget season. Try to contain your excitement…
While establishing budgets is a critical step, we believe that a more powerful way to look at it is “strategic planning season” – especially for companies that want to grow by 10-20% or more.
Budgeting vs. Strategic Planning
Strategic planning season is where budgets are driven by your goals for 2017. Sales and marketing goals often include:
- Revenues: overall, per country, per service, per channel partner, and per account
- New Client Acquisition: average selling price per engagement, number of new engagements, close rate
- Client Retention: retention percentage, growth of each account
- Lead Generation: combination of inbound (web, content marketing and SEO), and outbound marketing efforts (campaigns, events, PR, etc.)
The most effective strategic marketing plan gives you clarity on how to achieve these goals,… Continue Reading >>
If you realize that marketing your business powerfully can create a competitive advantage for you that generates higher levels of revenue and profitability than sales can do its own, then we congratulate you. You’re about to take a big step, especially if you understand that you can’t go it alone anymore.
To select a marketing company that is best suited for you, there are two primary options: an à la carte vendor or a strategic marketing partner.
À La Carte B2B Marketing
Some businesses prefer to purchase marketing services just as they would purchase office supplies. Maybe it’s a website, a brochure or a series of blog posts. They want a specialist: a web designer, graphic designer, writer, SEO guy, or maybe an agency that offers some combination of these services. These marketing companies can only offer services based on what they know how to do,… Continue Reading >>