In order to turn blogging into a lead generating machine for our business-to-business (B2B) clients, a lot goes into every single blog post and web page that we create.
For the vast majority of our clients, weekly blogging can turn into gains of over $100,000 in new business per year.
Recipe for Success
Here’s the recipe for a successful B2B marketing and lead generation effort:
- We thoroughly research all relevant keywords (usually at least 700) and prioritize the top 1, 3, 10 keywords to focus all content generation, organic search and paid search initiatives
- We evaluate our client’s website to see how all existing content can be optimized so they get a lot more lead generation from what they already have,
- They think in terms of web design instead of website development
- They understand design, not your business
- They know consumer marketing, not B2B—this explains all the “branding” talk
- They expect you to do the heavy lifting by supplying written content
- You’re the one paying for their foosball table and designer eyewear
- The partner you meet will hand off your project to an intern
- They will develop your site in Flash
- They will give you a website that looks nice but doesn’t generate leads
- They sell web design to everyone,