There are a lot of ways to fail at B2B blogging and sometimes we feel as if we have seen them all, but then from out of the blue – and yes, the internet is in fact, mostly blue; we looked it up – will come a daring and original new form of just plain terrible blogging.
But you don’t have to be super creative to fail at B2B blogging. There are plenty of ordinary ways to create B2B blog content that is limp, unreadable, ineffective or that actively repels or offends your prospects.
We’re going to walk you through some of the best ways to accomplish all of those things,… Continue Reading >>
In a world full of countless, noisy marketing messages vying for our attention from a multiplying list of platforms, many companies mistakenly try to compete with messaging that is louder. HEY! LOOK AT US, LOOK AT WHAT WE CAN DO!
Meanwhile, your prospects are struggling to figure out whether you are a good fit for helping them do what they do. Hey, look over here! Look at what we need…
Brand Story marketing, adapted from sources like Donald Miller’s book, Building a StoryBrand and Joseph Campbell’s The Hero with a Thousand Faces, reframes the traditional view of marketing, placing the customer at the center of the message rather than the company.… Continue Reading >>
As a B2B-focused digital marketing firm with a track record of creating lead-generating marketing content and strategy for a wide variety of businesses, we are proud to have been named to a list of the top marketing and consulting firms serving Chicago.
The ranking, created by Seattle-based research firm Expertise, used 25 variables across five categories that include reputation, credibility, experience, availability and professionalism to establish its list. The agencies on the list were culled from a starting point of more than 600 marketing consultants serving Chicago.
B2B Expertise that Drives Lead Generation
Our president Sean Parnell said the ranking reflects the hard work and specialized expertise that the Innovaxis Marketing team brings to its B2B clients both in Chicago and across the United States.… Continue Reading >>
So many companies make the same mistake: they lead with what they sell and why they’re good at it. While this may sound counterintuitive, leading with who you serve and what problems you solve resonates with prospects and customers in a far more powerful way – especially when you craft a compelling story around the needs of your clients.
Messaging that Doesn’t Put the Solution Before the Problem
The problem with the traditional approach to messaging is that it only works if the products, services and solutions you sell align exactly with what your prospects think they need. What if they don’t know what they want? What if they’re wrong?… Continue Reading >>
In order to turn blogging into a lead generating machine for our business-to-business (B2B) clients, a lot goes into every single blog post and web page that we create.
For the vast majority of our clients, weekly blogging can turn into gains of over $100,000 in new business per year.
Recipe for Success
Here’s the recipe for a successful B2B marketing and lead generation effort:
- We thoroughly research all relevant keywords (usually at least 700) and prioritize the top 1, 3, 10 keywords to focus all content generation, organic search and paid search initiatives
- We evaluate our client’s website to see how all existing content can be optimized so they get a lot more lead generation from what they already have,
- They think in terms of web design instead of website development
- They understand design, not your business
- They know consumer marketing, not B2B—this explains all the “branding” talk
- They expect you to do the heavy lifting by supplying written content
- You’re the one paying for their foosball table and designer eyewear
- The partner you meet will hand off your project to an intern
- They will develop your site in Flash
- They will give you a website that looks nice but doesn’t generate leads
- They sell web design to everyone,