Update: Adobe has announced the end of life for Adobe Business Catalyst as of March 25, 2021. Contact us to learn the best options to migrate your website.
As an Adobe Business Catalyst partner for over five years, I’m often asked why this web content management software (WCMS) is so effective for business-to-business (B2B) marketing for small and mid-sized (SMB) businesses. Having worked with WordPress for numerous years, as well as Joomla, Drupal, Modx, Umbraco, Miva, Adobe Muse, American Eagle, Ruby on Rails, Tridion, HubSpot, and good ol’ straight HTML, here’s why Adobe Business Catalyst continues to make so much sense for our clients and for us (this is an Adobe Business Catalyst website).
What Do You Like Best about Adobe Business Catalyst?Continue Reading >>
Thanks to aggressive sales reps from HubSpot, Pardot, Act-On, Marketo, and others, many businesses get excited about B2B marketing automation software. It’s the definition of the proverbial “shiny object.”
However, the vast majority of businesses, especially SMBs, are not ready to take advantage of marketing automation software and its myriad features. Why?
When Marketing Automation Makes Perfect Sense
- You have a written marketing plan at least for this year that connects the dots between your financial goals and marketing activities
- You have a website that already generates good search engine rankings for keywords and subsequent lead generation
- You have good website content and some higher level marketing collateral (e.g. white papers, case studies)
- You have an editorial calendar that also includes some webinars and at least one experienced writer to create it
- You have a targeted list of prospects from 50 to 2,000 per target market
- You have an inside sales rep(s) proactively follows up email opens,
Web designers are a dime-a-dozen. A commodity. It seems everyone and their brother can create a new website these days. So what differentiates one from another? It’s the difference between website development and web design. One generates leads. One will leave you thinking that marketing doesn’t work.
Far too many web designers place style over substance, masking a lack of quality content with a few lines of code. Or they make you to write everything yourself—and you’ve got a business to run. They also claim to offer SEO services but often lack an understanding of current best practices, or utilize black hat SEO practices that can get you blacklisted by Google and Bing. To truly generate high Google rankings and to turn visitors into customers, your website needs to engage users visually, deliver compelling content and deliver effective SEO.
Writing that Works in Addition to Pixel-Perfect Design
As a truly full-service marketing company,