There are a lot of ways to fail at B2B blogging and sometimes we feel as if we have seen them all, but then from out of the blue – and yes, the internet is in fact, mostly blue; we looked it up – will come a daring and original new form of just plain terrible blogging.
But you don’t have to be super creative to fail at B2B blogging. There are plenty of ordinary ways to create B2B blog content that is limp, unreadable, ineffective or that actively repels or offends your prospects.
We’re going to walk you through some of the best ways to accomplish all of those things,… Continue Reading >>
In order to turn blogging into a lead generating machine for our business-to-business (B2B) clients, a lot goes into every single blog post and web page that we create.
For the vast majority of our clients, weekly blogging can turn into gains of over $100,000 in new business per year.
Recipe for Success
Here’s the recipe for a successful B2B marketing and lead generation effort:
- We thoroughly research all relevant keywords (usually at least 700) and prioritize the top 1, 3, 10 keywords to focus all content generation, organic search and paid search initiatives
- We evaluate our client’s website to see how all existing content can be optimized so they get a lot more lead generation from what they already have,
- They think in terms of web design instead of website development
- They understand design, not your business
- They know consumer marketing, not B2B—this explains all the “branding” talk
- They expect you to do the heavy lifting by supplying written content
- You’re the one paying for their foosball table and designer eyewear
- The partner you meet will hand off your project to an intern
- They will develop your site in Flash
- They will give you a website that looks nice but doesn’t generate leads
- They sell web design to everyone,