The ABCs of SEO
It is most wise to beware of companies promising you the world in the form of a 1st page or #1 Google rankings. These inflated claims often come along with a range of dubious Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tricks that the major search engines have long factored in to their algorithms. The results might not be just disappointing they can cause irreparable harm to legitimate businesses. This is called “black hat SEO.” Just ask JC Penney.
We believe that good SEO or “white hat SEO” is a product of high quality, original site content combined with a collection of proven best practices for site management and link building. Our methods produce sustainably high organic search results for our clients and also lay the groundwork for successful Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns.
Below is a sampling what you want to get out of working with a legitimate SEO company:
- Website Content Strategy – adding missing content and revising existing content that fully reflects all of your solutions, key selling points and differentiation
- Link Building – generating heavily weighted Google links from other sites via a PR campaign or directory linking campaign (we can get you listed on over 750 reputable web directories)
- Channel Partner Links – ensuring your vendors and partners are promoting your website with links
- Images and ALT Text – adding lots of images and respective ALT text, as more and more people find information from Google image searches than ever before
- Google, Yahoo & Bing Webmaster Tools – utilizing site verification, resolving crawler problems (broken links, duplicate titles), adding your company to Google Business Places, etc.
- Website Analytics – monitoring unique visitor traffic, most popular pages, referring websites, etc.
- Unique Page Titles & Metadata – ensuring that every page has unique titles, meta description and keywords (once crucial but still necessary)
- XML Sitemap Generation – creating & updating as each new page is created, fixing all broken links
- Robots.txt Creation – ensuring search engine crawlers know what to index on your website
- Wikipedia – if you qualify, creating your company’s own Wikipedia page
- Domain Renewal – ensuring your website’s domain is renewed on a long-term basis (Google puts a stronger weighting on domains reserved for 2+ years)
If you need help with SEO, your search is over—contact us.